Bill Doherty Jr. Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Bill Doherty Jr. takes the Larry Moss workshop performing "In a Dark Dark House"


This is my third season with Larry Moss. This time around I performed a little over 25 minutes of the final scene of Neil Labutes' play "In a Dark Dark House" with my scene partner Aaron McPherson.

The biggest challenge for me this time around on top of tackling Neil LaBute was juggling the work that needed to go into this play (which is a beast! Some of the hardest dialogue I've ever had to learn.), but also developing my character for the play "Drop Dead", working full time rehearsals, and building the set for the show. It was definitely a juggling act like no other I've had. With some stress and a shit ton of coffee I think I pulled it off.

I can't believe how much I learn about myself and my technique every time I attend this class. I can really feel the refinement of everything I already know and the application of everything I am learning. I can't wait to see what happens the next time around.

~Bill Doherty Jr.~